Homeowners have to take care of foundation repairs and house restumping to make their homes stay strong and safe. The structure of your home starts wearing off with time and usage. In Australia, mostly stumps are used as foundations for building homes. These stumps get weaker with time and thus the support system of your home becomes weak thereby causing sinking floors, uneven floors, sloping, creaky doors, and other issues. By regularly checking for such minute changes in your homes and keeping an eye on the underside of your home, you can know if your house needs any kind of foundation repair.
Once you know you need a professional underpinning company, you will have to spend time to find the best for your house. The first thing you need to do is to educate yourself on the subject. Read on foundation repair – what it is, how it is done, what equipment are used, what kind of methods are carried out, and so on. This will help you ask a lot of questions to a potential underpinning company. Do not let advertising tricks or cheap prices dominate your decision.
Before you hire any underpinning company for any kind of foundation repair work for your house or commercial property, keep in mind the following points:
Ask for References
– Many of our customers regret asking for references from the underpinning company they hired that could not deliver promised results. Therefore, do check for customer references and testimonials for any company before giving them your job.
Ask for Written Commitment
– The company should be able to provide you in written the estimated time and budget for the job. You should know beforehand how much the job will cost you – in terms of time and money.
Check for Valid Insurance
– You should only hire an insured and licensed underpinning company. A company must have a general business liability policy and a workman compensation policy. Moreover, they should have a trade license to do the job.
Don’t Get Tempted with Cheap Price
– Cheap prices could be deceptive. If you are offered an unbelievable price for this job then make sure you are not risking your life for the sake of it.
Check for Credentials
– Before making up your mind for any particular underpinning company, it is necessary to check for its credentials. Visit their website, find out the relevant information, and ensure its authenticity.
Ask for Warranty
– You should ask for warranty on the company’s work. Your questions might include “What all is covered in the warranty?” or “Is the warranty transferrable?” Be clear about what the warranty is before you make your choice.
Ask for Experience
– Underpinning is not an industry where one can attend a school and start working. It is a tough industry and requires experience to deliver excellence. A company with more experience will be able to deliver more fruitful results.
Ask for Methods Used
– International Code Council Evaluation Services is a non-profit organization that approves foundation repair methods of underpinning companies. You should hire only that company that uses foundation repair methods approved by ICC-ES.
If you have ever been cheated by an underpinning company that failed to deliver promised work then you can take legal action against them.
You have invested a lot in your house, therefore, it is all the more important to spend wisely in choosing the right kind of underpinning company. This job is related to the strength of your house and safety of your loved ones, so you will never want to compromise on the quality just to save a few bucks. Invest money and time to find out the best underpinning company in your area and let them take care of your house’s foundation issues in the best possible way.
However, when you trust Macro Underpinning Melbourne with your underpinning job, we promise to deliver state-of-the-art job with utmost precision. We have a dedicated team of experienced structural designers and knowledgeable technicians to complete any underpinning, restumping, or reblocking job perfectly. Also, we service all of Melbourne, including the remote areas. Call us today for a free, no-obligation quote for any foundation repair service!